Add a new Asset
Go to the Assets module and look for the "+ ADD ASSET" button over on the right hand side.
Click the button to open the Add Asset form.
You must give your new asset a name. This is what you'll see in the Asset register, so make it short and clear. If you have 10 Toyota Hilux vehicles, add something to the name so you can easily choose the correct one from the register (e.g., call-sign, licence plate, colour, a nickname, etc)
Everything else on the form is optional. You can start with a name and come back to enter the remaining details later.
- Name (required) - a name to identify the asset in the register.
- Location - where is it. You can search for assets by location.
- Type - type of asset - for reporting or searching. change the list in settings.
- Assignee - who is responsible for this asset? Who needs a reminder to bring it in for service
- Asset # - Asset number - each asset automatically gets a sequential id that is part of the URL. You can use this field if you have existing asset numbers used to track assets, e.g. from your old spreadsheet, marked on the asset, in your accounting system.
- Serial # - the serial number marked on the asset itself, often by the manufacturer. Used to make sure you have the exact item for warranty claims, insurance, registration, etc.
- Description - general info about the asset, e.g. colour, load capacity, etc
- File - a photo of the asset to aid in identification
- Requirements - what records should this asset have - eg. a calibration every 6 months, a service every 12 months, a quarterly safety inspection, all of the above. The gaps report and due date reminders are based on the selected requirements. If you don't see anything to choose, you probably ned to define some requirements first.
- Projects - is this asset associated with a 'Project' (e.g. a site, a department, a construction project) You'll see this asset listed under the selected project assets. If you don't see anything to choose, there aren't any active projects in your site.
- Tags - used in searching and reporting. You can apply multiple tags. If you don't see anything to choose, you'll need to add some Tags in Settings.
Click [ SAVE]