Add an Issue
Go to the Issues module and click on “+ ADD ISSUE" at the top right of the Issue Register.
This opens up an initial screen to enter the details about the issue you want to report.
- Name: REQUIRED. This short description is like the Issue title. This text appears in the Issue register, so keep it brief and meaningful.
- Status: what stage the Issue is at:
- opened - reported but nothing done yet
- in-progress - working on it
- pending - implemented a solution but we don't know if it's effective yet
- closed - verified that the solution was effective and no further action needed.
- Type: You can put all kinds of issues into Toolbox - nonconformance, safety issues, customer complaints. Choose which term matches your issue best. The list of terms can be configured by a manager user in Settings
- Assignee: This is who is responsible for resolving this issue.
- Issue Date: when the Issue occurred
- Due Date: when the next action should be taken by the assignee
- Description: Here's where you give more information about the problem. Try to include enough details so that someone who was not involved can understand what happened.
- Projects: link to a project to facilitate searching & reporting
- Tags: apply tags to categorise the issue for searching and reporting
Click on "SAVE" to save the issue.
The following things will happen:
- An issue number will be assigned automatically.
- The Assignee will receive a notification email.
- If you added a due date, the issue will appear in the Assignee's worklist.
- You and the Assignee will be added as 'followers' to the issue and will receive updates when anything changes. You can 'Unfollow' if you don't want to receive notifications for this issue
- The Issue will open for further edits or review.
Issues are processed by adding 'Actions'. There is a guided process to follow shown at the top of the issue.
These stages correspond to the type of corrective actions you add:
When you add an action, you can upload files and images that provide extra information or evidence for the issue, e.g. the customer's complaint letter, pictures of the defects in supplied product, the safety hazard identified in the workshop.
In actions you can also apply and complete a Form selected from the system.
New 'Actions' trigger email notifications to subscribers, so they can be used as a communication tool for all stakeholders affected by the issue. The Issue Assignee, or a manager user, can add extra people who should be kept informed via the 'Followers' tab on the right hand side. Members and Observers can subscribe themselves to Issue they are interested in.
Members can add Issues.
The Assignee can edit the issue title, issue type, due date, etc.
Manager users can add issues and edit the issue title, issue type, due date, etc.